Monday, February 6, 2012

Cereal Organizer

Since joining Pintrest a mere month ago, I have completed many projects. Unfortunately, I had the idea for this blog after I completed most of them, so I don't have pictures. And we all know that really good blog posts include pictures. So here is my first posted (pictured) project.

For the New Year I get sort of cleaning crazed, and I decided to reorganized a closet that I normally just shove things in. I wanted magazine holders, but I wasn't going to spend 5-7 dollars a pop for something no one sees but me. Queue this awesome pin for DIY Magazine Holders! And the best part part: they are made out of cereal boxes.



I don't know about everyone else, but my family eats a ridiculous amount of cereal, so I always have boxes lying around. One change I made to the original post is I used laminate paper to cover the boxes, so I skipped steps five through 6 because didn't have to glue paper to the boxes. You can get laminate paper (the stuff you line shelves or drawers with) at thrift stores for like 50 cents. And since its sticky, it's super easy to cover the boxes. I just wrapped mine like Christmas presents.

After creating a couple of these awesome magazine holders, I reorganized my closet from this ugly BEFORE


















To this amazing AFTER!Yes, there is more stuff in the closet than before and there is more room. Organization just feels good!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good organization project! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete